Saturday, June 27, 2009

Deja Vu all over again!

Well THIS is something I haven't done for a long time! Getting up at 4 in the morning to sew? Well, for sure I'll be among the early birds at all the yard sales this morning!

I still have a way to go on Pick & Choose. The vertical rows are yet to be sewn together with sashing, but this photo gives you an idea of what it might look like when it's done. It will have a saw-toothed border, for which I have all the HSTs sewn, pressed, trimmed to square, and pinned together in pairs.

I've been struggling with a decision. I was thinking of switching my Speech course (Oral discourse, rhetoric, and debate) for a nice easy Visual Arts History class, that begins on the 6th. I was looking forward to the Speech class, but recently realized it was going to require a lot of writing. Ordinarily, writing it right up my alley, but I started thinking about all the research and homework I'm going to have to do. On Thursday, I was just "mouse clicks" away from swapping the class, but chickened out.

I say chickened out - because I felt really torn! I'm not one to step back from a challenge, and I'm not afraid of working hard on a project. So last night I decided - - I'm swapping! Guess what? The empty seats that were still open in Visual Arts History on Thursday, were filled by Friday. I guess the Universe is telling me to trust my guts, and embrace the challenge!

Besides, opportunities for public speaking practice will be good for helping me get over my crippling shyness - mwwaahahahaha!!! (I almost said it with a straight face!)

2 comments:

  1. looking good, I am not to the point of deciding on borders for mine, an leaning on not doing setting strips and keeping my top small. who knows I may set it together and change my mind. yours is very inspirational, between you and erin I at least have mine all cut and ready to sew. be good cw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking great and you have obviously regained your energy and stamina...that's a lot of piecing you've done!

    ReplyDelete